PerTronix Distributor with vacuum advance. Ignitor III installed. Black cap. Fits :
Ford V8 260, 289, 302 Engines (excluding 5.0L) 1964-1979
Plug n play billet distributors are designed for maximum ignition performance and easy installation.
* Integrated patented Ignitor III technology with adaptive dwell control.
* Cobalt magnets and Hall Effect trigger for stable timing and precise spark distribution.
* A powerful micro controller with adaptive dwell algorithms constantly adjust the dwell angle to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range for increased high and low RPM performance.
* Ignitor III compensates for inherent electronic delay by adjusting the spark timing throughout the entire RPM range.
* Synchronized peak current and spark timing reduces heat build-up.
* Precision CNC machined billet housings are polished to a high luster.
* Tempered distributor shafts have low torsion displacement for accurate timing and longer life.
* Upper ball bearing and extra long oil impregnated bronze lower bushing work together to reduce friction and high RPM vibration.
* Precision stamped advance weights eliminate erratic timing.
* Adjustable mechanical advance with proprietary limiting functions permits multiple settings. Distributors are factory set with a performance advance curve and are provided with additional springs for custom advance curves.
* High dielectric strength cap with male or female brass terminals and premium rotor with brass contact.
* Compatible with most Capacitive Discharge Systems.
* Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-12). Note: Non vacuum advance distributors do not have an E.O. number and are not legal for sale or use on pollution controlled motor vehicles.
* Warranty: 30 months electronics / Limited 1 year mechanical.
Flame-Thrower billet distributors are frequently used in tight engine compartments due to their Plug ní Play design and relatively small size.
Click illustration to enlarge.